The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

Esperanza Men’s Soccer Team Wins CIF Round 2 Match To Head to Finals!

Congratulations to the Esperanza Men’s Soccer Team for the Round 2 win against La Habra back on Tuesday, February 13th, 2024. Esperanza defeated La-Habra in penalties. Goaltender John Moffett stopped a lot of shots that game, helping his team secure the W to advance to the next round. Unfortunately, Esperanza lost to Upland, 1-0 due to a free kick during the game on Saturday the 24th. The boys fought hard all the way to the end, leaving it all out on the field. This was super impressive considering there was no coach until the beginning of the season, the coach that was hired did an excellent job considering it was his first time coaching soccer in the high school level. They have a lot to be proud of!!! This was the first time the team has been to CIF since 2005!

I also had the opportunity to talk with Goaltender John Moffett. Here’s what he had to say before the upcoming game!

“We have been practicing hard to play against Upland”, Moffett said. He also mentioned how practice is compared to Off-Season vs Season.

“Practice is more strict when season is in play, coaches are more strict, off season is more chill”

Thank you again so much to Moffett for the opportunity to chat! Great season once again and best of luck to you and the rest of your team in the future! Go Aztecs!!!