Proms Best Looks

More stories from Britney Sharp

Blood Drive
May 30, 2017

High school may not always live up to how the movies portray them, however one night of the year it does. Prom is the biggest night of the year for many upperclassmen, especially the seniors looking for one last magical night. Between weeks of shopping for a dress and hours of preparation the day of this tedious event, Prom continues to be the most extravagant night of the year.

Esperanza held their annual prom at the Yost Theater on May 13th with a theme of “Romance in the City.” The night was bittersweet as many danced the night away with their high school sweethearts and childhood friends. For some Aztecs this would be the last formal dance of their high school existence.

While schools hold multiple formal dances every year, nothing compares to the glam of one’s prom. The dance floor is filled with fashion trends galore that are intended to grab everyone’s eye and keep their attention locked. Esperanza senior, Rachel Morrison, talked about the glam of Prom saying, “It is your last hurrah to really stunt with your other classmates.”

Students truly “stunted” with their classmates this year with all of the amazing fashion looks displayed at Prom. This year’s attire included the ladies modeling silk dresses, mermaid style gowns typically with a jeweled bodice, or a simple, but elegant gown with striking shoes. The gentlemen took a different approach as most decked in all black or white suits… however some choosing a different direction and making their fashion scene more humorous.

Scroll through the photo collection above at some perfect examples of Esperanza’s 2017 trendy prom looks!