The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

Tips from UpperClassmen

Allie Sipe, Touleen Al-khatib, Lisa Winchell, and Jackie Chai

Being part of Esperanza High School is a tradition. “Where Excellence is a Tradition” has been the motto of our school for many decades. This gives our juniors and seniors some responsibilities and role model impact on those in the younger grades. As becoming veterans on campus our upperclassmen have some tips for those underclassmen. 

Allie Sipe, a senior, says to “Make the most out of your high school years, try to make friends with a bunch of people. You’ll appreciate it later.” She believes that meeting others can allow you to make more friendships with your peers and you will be able to see through high school. Meeting people can open up the door to new opportunities and help you in the future after high school. 

Another upperclassman, junior Touleen Al-khatib Says “High school is hard but make the most out of it, enjoy your time, and have a great four years….” She is telling everyone to make sure to enjoy all the time they have at Esperanza because it goes by in the flash of your eyes. 

Senior Lisa Winchell says “Don’t procrastinate because it will mess you up in the long run and make your life more difficult”. She is explaining that not doing your work on time can cause you to fall behind. This can affect you in the present time but also in the future. 

A junior Jackie Chai says that “Be true to yourself. Don’t waste time surrounding yourself with people who drag your spirits down and rather enrich yourself with people who want to make you a better person”. Surround yourself with people that are productive. This allows people to make better choices and continue to move in the right direction.  

Becoming an older classmate gives many individuals the opportunity to have more responsibilities and this can be seen through driving to school or practice and other activities in their lives. So do not take being an underclassman for granted because the responsibilities of becoming older will follow you till later and in your future after high school.