Clinton Cheat Sheet

Daniel Sanchez, Reporter

• Tax Plans: “Restore basic fairness to our tax code.” Implementing a “fair share surcharge” on multi-millionaires and billionaires will ensure the wealthiest Americans do not pay a lower tax. “Close corporate and Wall Street tax loopholes and invest in America.” This will charge businesses an “exit tax” to the companies leaving the United States seeking to settle in untaxed foreign earnings. She will also close the loopholes that Wall Street money managers have found to pay lower tax rates than the U.S. middle class.
  • Gun Control: Clinton stated, “I believe that weapons of war have no place on our streets. If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you shouldn’t be able to just go buy a gun with no questions asked. You shouldn’t be able to exploit loopholes and evade criminal background checks by buying online or at a gun show.” Clinton wants to “keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill.”
  • Immigration: Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Clinton will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. Immigration enforcement must be humane, targeted, and effective. She will focus resources on detaining and deporting those individuals who pose a violent threat to public safety, and ensure refugees who seek asylum in the U.S. have a fair chance to tell their stories.
  • Health Care:  She only wants to build on all of what Barack Obama has done by making the prices of health care more affordable. Clinton wants to bring down the cost of copays and deductibles. She also wants to expand access to affordable health care to families regardless of immigration status. Clinton wants work to ensure that all women have access to preventive care, affordable contraception, and safe and legal abortion.
  • Education: Clinton is looking to have preschoolers start at the age of four. She wants to keep working on and bettering the new idea of Common Core in education. She wants to allow every student in America to learn computer science for she believes that will be the highest demanding job in a few years. She believes that education after K-12 should be more affordable to the general public of the United States, including debt-free college.

Visit Hillaryclinton.com for more specifics on these policies and others.