9th Grade Aztec of the Week: Stephan Esparza

• What are some of your hobbies and how did you get into them? 

I enjoy surfing, basketball, and skateboarding. I have played basketball since I was 5 years old. I picked up skateboarding in elementary school. I just like being able to cruise around and do of course master the tricks too. I recently picked up surfing and it is totally cool. I am also part of the surf club at EHS.

• What is your favorite genre of music and why? 

I like pop and  because the pop songs have a catchy beat and  because my dad always listens to it 

• What are 3 words to describe yourself? 

Witty, athletic, and outgoing

• If you were stranded on an island and only got to bring 3 movies, what movies would they be?  

Sandlot, Chasing Mavericks and Lords of Dogtown

• What are some of your goals for the future (School, job, etc)? 

I would like to own my own business one day, possibly having to do with surfing or skateboarding.

• What’s your favorite thing about yourself? 

That I can make friends anywhere I go.

• If you could be in any movie what would it be and why?  

If I could be in any movie, it would be sandlot because I know all the lines of every character 

• Who do you look up to and why? 

One of the people I look up to is my dad because he has taught me a lot of life skills and sports skills

• How would you spend a day off? 

I would surf, take a nap, skate and then maybe throw in a basketball game, go skate with my friends and of course eat all my favorite foods

• What is your favorite quote and why? 

Success comes from learning from your failures. It’s ok to fail but you have to learn from them in order to be successful.

• How do you meet the EHS standards of P.R.I.D.E. (Positive, Responsible, Innovative, Determined, Engaged)?                                                                                                                           I enjoy coming to school and doing my best. I like to make the best of my day and help my friends make good choices. I want to get good grades and maintain them throughout the school year and high school.
  • What is something you would like to see being done on campus to help students, or the school?

I would like to have the trash around campus picked up more often 

• What is your best school memory of all-time? 

My best memory of school is in 1st grade when student teachers from Sweden brought baby chicks to school.

• What is your most embarrassing school moment of all-time, that you are comfortable sharing? 

The most embarrassing moment school moment is when I tripped in front of all my friends 

• What is your favorite holiday and why?  

I love Christmas. I like all the decorating and the gifts I give and receive.