Apple’s Newest Products

Image obtained by Pixabay

Katie Flanagan, Editor-In-Chief

In a year full of twists and turns, ups and downs, there’s only one thing that unifies the world in anticipation: the release of new Apple products. Yep, it’s that time of the year again. The time when mobs of tech-obsessed individuals flock to their local Apple store to lust over their newest iPhones. The time of the month where people start saving money in hopes of splurging on a shiny new companion. 

And while it’s definitely thrilling to make a spontaneous buy, it’s important to research before committing to such a hefty purchase. Below are three new Apple products and a brief description of each. 

The iPhone 13

We’re starting with Apple’s poster child… the iPhone. From first releasing it in 2007, Apple has refined and refurbished the product, taking it to new heights. The iPhone 13 has the new A15 Bionic chip boasting features such as a new GPU (graphics processing unit) and neutral engine. 

In the new model, Apple “thinks diagonally”, creatively changing the wide and ultra-wide camera arrangement. And while that may just be a marketing ploy, the quality of the cameras is the most advanced to date! With the new Dolby Vision HDR, your filmmaking fantasies will soon become a reality. Its Cinematic Mode allows users to shift focus from one subject to another and blur the background. 

Appearance-wise, the 13 resembles the 12 in its rounded edges and slimmer profile. As for color options, when consumers ask, Apple listens. The iPhone 13 comes in five stunning colors including a fan-favorite matte pink. 

The iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 mini cost $699 and $799 respectively, while their more expensive counterparts (the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max) are priced at $999 and $1099. 

Apple Watch Series 7

With the Apple Watch Series 7, the world is at your fingertips. Make calls to loved ones. Check your daily schedule. Display Google Maps. All of this is made possible with Apple’s new watch design with an even larger screen than previous editions. 

According to Apple, “the [Series 7 design] was completely re-engineered, reducing the borders by 40%, which allows for nearly 20% more screen area than Series 6.”

From surfers to runners, the Series 7 is built wired for fitness gurus! It includes motivating messages, activity trackers, and daily meditations to relieve stress. It’s even water-resistant for up to 50 meters! 

Apple also embraces the health of its consumers by adding blood oxygen readings and instant heart rate checks. Having trouble sleeping? The new Series 7 makes resting seem effortless with customizable night plans and sleep tracking. Say goodbye to dark circles!

The official release date for this product is still pending but according to Apple, it’s slated to launch in early fall. 

Ipad Mini 

The iPad Mini is an elegant affordable alternative to the iPad Pro. With the sleek design resembling the 2020 iPad Air 4, the iPad Mini welcomes smaller bezels and rounded corners. It also supports the Generation 2 Apple Pencil that attaches magnetically to its side. 

Perfect for jotting down notes and drawing to your heart’s content, the Ipad Mini is a foolproof companion for students! It is also compatible with applications such as Procreate, Goodnotes 5, and more. 

It is priced at $499 which is a substantial step down from the Ipad Pro 12.9 inch (priced at $1,099) and the Ipad Air 4 (priced at $599). 

Apple emphasizes many things and versatility is certainly one of them. Now, what are you waiting for? Run to your local Apple store to find out more information about these products!