The Aztlán

Manufacturing Donated Two CNC Mill Machines

Back to Article
Back to Article

Andrew Wilch getting ready to work with the new CNC mill machines in the in Jeff Wallace's classroom.

Shaylee Matthews

Shaylee Matthews

Shaylee Matthews

Manufacturing was recently donated two CNC Milling machines. While there are no students who have yet completed the course to become certified to use these machines, there are numerous benefits that come with completion.

Students who try for the certification will be working with the software of two CNC Mills. Mr. Wallace, the Engineering and Manufacturing Academy teacher, said that “The Milling Machines allow us to take a product from concept to reality in machining. And being able to profile and create different shapes. It uses cutters to cut different types of materials, aluminium, steel, plastic, and carbon fiber.” The machine acts as a sort of cutting device.

Wallace said, “They were donated by the company, Track Manufacturing, both of them were donated to our school because they heard about the wonderful program that we have here.”

Mastery of the software earns the participating student a certification to operate Track Machinery like the mills. “They allow another certification for the manufacturing students to have. So once they go through a rigorous course, they will be granted a certificate for operation of the Track Machine,” stated Mr. Wallace. “If you were to get a job after high school, you would already have that certification, and most machine shops would be willing to take you over someone who does not have that certification.”

Any student who is in the Manufacturing program would benefit from earning the certification both during school, and later in their career.

• Manufacturing Donated Two CNC Mill Machines

News

Registration: The First Steps of Your Future

News

The Classes Clash Again

News

Candlelight Vigil Honors Plane Crash Victims

News

Speech and Debate prepares for their competition

News

Midterm elections take place

News

JROTC Veterans’ Day

News

Band Sweet Fundraiser

News

Meet the Wellness Specialist

News

Find Your Future

News

Staff Preps for WASC Visit