A Night on the Boardwalk at Homecoming

Megan Tran is our Homecoming senior queen! Along with former queen, April Clark, and the running up princesses Gillian Shiner, Emily Decker, Sophie Saouma, and Jenna Gelinas.

Students dances on the boardwalk at this year’s Homecoming on Oct. 28. A rally took place on Friday during school with a home football game against El Modena on Thursday.

At the homecoming rally and game it was announced that seniors Kunj Patel and Magan Tran were named Homecoming King and Queen.

In each third period class, students were allowed to vote for their grade’s nominees for prince and princess. The freshmen students voted for Hunter Camero for prince and Carly DeGirolomo princess. For sophomores, the prince is Alfredo De La Torre and the princess is Delaney Austin. The junior prince is Cedric Moubayed and the princess is Maddie Kline.

For the upperclassmen court, the princes were Bruce Aguilar, Travis Kettering, Austin Brodbeck and Eric Bigani. Kunj Patel. The senior princesses were Jenna Gelinas, Gillian Shiner, Magan Tran, Emily Decker, and Sophie Saouma.

“There is a lot of preparation that goes into the dance.  The theme, spirit days, rally, halftime show and dance are all tied together,” said Mrs. Lukach.

“The seniors come up with the theme since they are the ones planning the dance and receive all the profits from the dance,” said Mrs. Lukach, “The seniors wanted it to be ’beachy,’ but fun at the same time.”

“All members of ASB have some job/hand in Homecoming whether it is the rally, halftime show or dance they all work as a team to get everything done,” said Mrs. Lukach.

The main goal of the dance is for students to have a great time and enjoy everything the dance has to offer. “We will have carnival games, a photo booth, high striker, popcorn machines and more for the students to enjoy at the dance,” said Mrs. Lukach.

Time management and trying to get everything done in time has been the hardest part in making homecoming this year. “We have been crazy in ASB with Beat YL week so close to Homecoming,” said Mrs. Lukach.

“I want them to feel happy, satisfied, excited for the next dance, and feel like it was worth it,” said Mrs. Lukach.

The dance included carnival games and food for the people attending. Photo booths were also there for taking pictures with friends or with dates. The homecoming rally which took place on Oct. 28 showcased dance team, drum line, and the cheerleaders. Teachers and students participated in games during the rally.