The Aztlán

Men’s Soccer Recap

Krissy Kuwahara, Reporter

More stories from Krissy Kuwahara

Men%E2%80%99s+Soccer+playing+their+last+league+game+as+well+as+their+senior+night+on+Feb.+1+2019.+The+boys+are+excited+for+their+first+round+of+CIF.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Men’s Soccer Recap

Men’s Soccer playing their last league game as well as their senior night on Feb. 1 2019. The boys are excited for their first round of CIF.

Jocelyn De La Torre

Jocelyn De La Torre

Jocelyn De La Torre

For men’s soccer this year, a huge achievement was with them being able to make it to CIF.

Men’s soccer earned second in the North Hills League behind El Dorado and in front of Foothill. They were able to make it to CIF due to their success in league. With an overall record of eight wins, seven loses, and one tie.

They started out the season on back in November with a win against Loara. They competed against Yorba Linda twice, winning by 3-0 on Jan. 18, but losing 2-0 on Jan. 29. Their season ended  on Feb. 7, losing 7-0 to El Segundo in the first round of CIF.

Sophomore Logan Hunter said, “We aren’t in last place like in previous years and we have done well beating every team in our league.” He also added that his favorite thing about playing soccer is his “coach because he is very dedicated to us.”

Senior Aaron Laitinen said, “What makes this season different than previous one’s was that since I’m a senior, I had the chance to get more playing time and we played better as a team. I think we played super well until our first CIF game. We weren’t overall ready to play that team and that’s what cost us to get out early.”

“I love soccer as a sport and love this high school team. My goal this year was to score as a senior and yes I scored against our rival El Dorado,” added Laitinen.

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Showcase

Golf swings into season

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Men’s Wrestling: Number One in Orange County

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Women’s Basketball Grows On and Off the Court

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Jeff Duensing: Aztec Thrower Ranks Second in the Nation

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Women’s Soccer Season Overview

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Women’s Water Polo Compete in CIF Playoffs

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Men’s Basketball Season Recap

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Varsity Cheer wins Second in State and Qualifies for Nationals

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Senior Athletes Commit to Colleges

• Men’s Soccer Recap

Sports

Men’s Waterpolo Season Recap