Homecoming Game Win Against Santa Fe!

Image by eileenploh from Pixabay

Alyx Pawlawski, Reporter

Senior Autumn Blais being crowned this year’s Homecoming Queen

On Friday, September 24, 2021, the Aztecs won their Homecoming game against the Santa Fe Chiefs, with a final score of 21 to 17.

The Aztecs were leading the entire game, as they scored 21 points within only the first quarter. With that strong of a lead at the very beginning of the game, it was difficult for the Chiefs to catch up. Those 21 points proved to be crucial as the Chiefs managed to score a total of 17 points by the end of the game. It was a very exciting game, there was barely a moment of levity as both teams were constantly doing their best to prevent their opponent from scoring, only the Aztecs were victorious in the end.  Our touchdowns were supported by our incredible cheer team, who kept us all fired up whenever we scored. Along with the cheerleaders, our student section, The Hut, made sure to keep our team going the whole time with their lively spirit and chants. Our band also kept our spirits high during the game with their entertaining playing.

At halftime, our Homecoming princes and princesses of all grades were brought out and we finally learned who would be crowned Esperanza’s Homecoming Queen of 2021. Out of senior princesses Elin Amaro, Autumn Blais, Maya De La Torre, Sarah Gomez, and Zoe Zadah, our Queen this year was Autumn Blais. Autumn was very excited to receive this honor, and she was supported by her parents and the rest of the court on stage as she was crowned. When asked how she felt about becoming Queen, she said “I feel so honored to have been voted Homecoming Queen, thank you I love y’all!”

With the football game won and the announcement of this year’s Queen, everyone was ready to go to the dance!