What to Expect for Club Rush Week

Image+obtained+through+the+PYLUSD+website+

Image obtained through the PYLUSD website

Lisa Winchell, Reporter

Club Rush is a fun opportunity for students to start the school year by participating in interactive booths hosted by many of our wonderful EHS clubs. Food, events, and music fill Esperanza’s quad, creating a joyful environment that encourages students to find their interest in one of EHS’ many clubs. Esperanza’s Club Rush week is scheduled to take place on Oct.5 – 7 2021. This allows students to see what clubs they would be interested in joining. It also gives students a chance to branch out and grow their own club of their choosing, with teacher supervision. 

During lunch, clubs will be displayed on West and Main campus, giving the chance for students to stop by and see what each club offers. This gives students the opportunity to see all the clubs Esperanza has to offer and to join a community of their choosing. There will be a diverse range of clubs available, from academic to social clubs, which ensures an option for everyone. Clubs will in turn create a safe space for all of the students on campus. Each club will run on a different schedule and will have different opportunities within the club since they are run by students. Students are free to join more than one club as long as it fits in their schedule. 

Once Club Rush week is over, clubs will officially start this school year. Clubs look good on a student’s college application because it shows their interests outside of school, responsibility, and the ability to communicate with peers. Joining a club demonstrates to colleges that you are passionate about a subject and that you are motivated to enhance certain skills.

“[Club Rush] gave me a sense of what was available on campus, I ended up joining French club, which allowed me to be more interactive with my peers,” said junior Joining the French club allowed me to make more friends while also learning about a different country and enjoying cultural foods.”

Once again, Club Rush week is set to be Oct.5-7 2021 during lunch on Main and West quads,  so don’t miss it Aztecs!