Committing to College

Jacey Beery, Contributor

Senior Elise Whitworth

Elise Whitworth is a senior who has recently committed to Cal State East Bay to further her water polo career. I got to ask her some questions to get to know the committee. 

What are some of your hobbies and how did you get into them?

“I enjoy hiking and water polo. When I was 7 swimming around at the pool, someone told me I should play polo because I looked like an okay swimmer, and that’s how I got into polo.”

What’s your favorite genre of music?

“Probably just pop music, but I’ve been a fan of One Direction since day one, even though they’re not together anymore.”

What are 3 words to describe yourself?

“I would say I’m hardworking, kind, and energetic.”

If you were stranded on an island and you could bring three movies, what movies would they be?

“I’d probably bring the new Spiderman movie, 10 Things I Hate About You, and A Dog’s Purpose because I love dog movies.”

What are some of your future goals?

“I’d definitely like to get straight A’s this last semester of high school while preparing for college and improving my study habits before I go to college.”

Who do you look up to?

“I look up to my mom because she’s someone who’s always there for me, she’s the most selfless person I’ve ever met, and she’s always going out of her way to do things for others. She always is super kind and makes me laugh, and that is what I want to do for others. 

How do you spend a day off?

“I always start my day at practice and then I would head to the beach to relax all day.”

What’s your best high school memory?

“All of my tournaments this year were really fun, not one specifically but as a whole they were so fun and I had a great time getting to spend the long days with my team. I got to know the girls really well.”

What’s your favorite holiday?

“Definitely 4th of July. I always have great plans for 4th of July; We go to pool parties and do fireworks at night and I’m always surrounded by the best people.”