The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

The Pulse of Esperanza High School

The Aztlán

Did You Know EHS Has a Senior Quad?

Esperanza High School, located in Anaheim, California, is a great school with lots of history. One piece of its history is about the Senior Quad, an area where seniors can hang out, which has changed over the years and is now free for everyone and anyone who wants to go in. It is still used for some purposes as of today but has lost some value in its name. And many students walk past the senior quad not realizing or seeing the senior quad frame on the floor.

Only seniors were allowed in the senior quad and if you were then you could walk around in there. This was its main goal, to keep other lowerclassmen out so that only seniors could hang out and not be disturbed by the “non-matured” students. But now it has changed over the years to where anyone can go in.

If you were any other lowerclassmen that was in the senior quad then you would be trashed. Back in the day when only seniors could hang out in the senior quad, if a non-senior walked in then they would be kicked out. But also in the past, the senior quad wasn’t the only quad, and the layout was different.

It was packed, there was a junior quad and a senior quad. You didn’t hang out there unless you were a senior. The quads had a wall separating the two. This was pretty cool in the past, you had two quads with a wall/railing dividing both of them.