Costume Ideas for The Spooky Season

Delaney Sinclair

More stories from Delaney Sinclair

Madison Roach

Freshman Autumn Blais, and sophomore Aidan Dobyns dressing up in their favorite halloween costumes.

Figuring out what to be for Halloween can be a struggle. It’s always so hard to decide what to wear or, even, who to be for the night. It’s the one time of the year where you get to be anyone or anything you want. This list of costume ideas should help you narrow down your choices and give you some inspiration.

1. Comic Book Character: This is for you if you’re feeling artistic. What you’ll need is a face painting kit and some dark clothing. You will want to apply the face paint, modeling an image found online.
  2. Betty and Jughead: This is a great one for people who have a significant other or friend they want to dress up with. It comes from the popular show “Riverdale” and isn’t too difficult to mimic. For Betty, wear a pink sweater, white skirt and wear your hair in a high ponytail. For Jughead, just rock the grunge chic look and a pair of dark jeans with combat boots, a flannel around the waist, a dark shirt, jean jacket and, of course, a beanie.
  3. Pineapple: This is for someone who loves fruit. All you need are yellow pants or skirt of choice paired with a yellow shirt. Then, find some green construction paper and create your own unique headband.
  4. Rachel Green from “Friends”: This is a super unique costume idea. What you’ll need is a black undershirt as well as a blue, collared shirt to tie on top. Make sure to roll the sleeves and wear black pants. Then, you’ll need an apron and you can even find a Central Perk apron on Amazon. Then, just grab a coffee cup and coffee pot, and you’re ready to go.
  5. Regina George: This is relatively simple, but you will need to buy the “A Little Bit Dramatic” t-shirt online. You can find this on redbubble.com for $25. All you have to do is pair it with a pink skirt and pink cardigan and you’re good.
  6. Cat: This is a classic and super easy costume to do. All you’ll need is a black outfit of choice and a pair of black cat ears.
  7. Sandy from “Grease”: This idea just requires some leather leggings or pants, a black, off-the-shoulder top and chunky black belt. Then, of course, you’ll need red heels and top it all off with red lipstick.
  8. Ghost: We can’t forget about the most original costume of all! All you need is a white sheet and some scissors. Simply cut out two holes for your eyes and drape the elegant sheet over yourself.
  9. Rosie the Riveter: Show some female power if you decide to wear this costume. You’ll need a white, rolled up, long sleeve shirt, a red bandanna and red lipstick. Then, all you have to do is strike the iconic pose.
  10. Wizard: Pretend you’re from Harry Potter and grab a robe off of Amazon. Then, wear a white collared shirt underneath. For your wand, you can purchase a real one or even just use a stick if you need to improvise.

These are all unique ideas to kindle your creativity this Halloween season. These, hopefully, will encourage you to be festive and enjoy a spirited time of the year.